One Voice Wales (OVW) is the national representative body for the 735 Community and Town Councils in Wales.
Following monthly seminars earlier this year with OVW, Pembrokeshire County Council, PAVS (Pembrokeshire Association of Voluntary Services), and PLANED to support Town & Community Councils across Pembrokeshire, it was identified that an independent dedicated resource was both required and needed.
As the Pembrokeshire Community and Town Councils Project Officer you will: raise awareness of what Community, Town and City Councils do, how to become a councillor and how to raise your ideas and issues with your local council; to promote best practice and identify opportunities to collaborate, whether geographically or thematically across partners; liaising with Pembrokeshire County Council, PAVS, PLANED and other bodies as required and drafting case studies and monitoring reports for the benefit of community and town councils across Pembrokeshire.
Employed by One Voice Wales, you will be hosted by PLANED in Narberth to work alongside other community led projects and share knowledge, best practice, and experience amongst all our communities.
You should have:
- Sound knowledge of local government in Wales, preferably of the functions and operation of community and town councils.
- Experience of working in partnership environments.
- Experience of project management, policy making and community development.
- High-quality inter-personal skills, able to develop effective trust-based relationships and collaborations with member councils and other external partners.
- Welsh language skills highly desirable.
- Highly motivated, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team; and
- Good quality ICT skills, familiar with MS Office applications, email and internet.
Please see attached separately, the job description and application form.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing Date Friday 12th November 2021 (4pm) for submission to One Voice Wales.