This project is exploring the feasibility of Smarter Energy grids including storage, direct supply, monitoring and controls for renewable energy projects that benefit communities and projects that can address fuel poverty. It will explore the feasibility of community renewables post feed in tariffs and develop case studies for 10 projects across Rural Wales.
The project is looking to work with 10 projects across Wales to develop detailed business plans.
These plans will explore the feasibility of using Smarter Energy solutions for renewable energy projects. We will work with the selected projects to explore Smarter Energy solutions and help to model the chosen technologies. There is also support for technical advice and for visits to relevant exemplar projects.
Reduction of Feed in Tariffs has made most conventional community renewable energy projects unviable. Smarter Energy will invest in research and capacity building, looking at:
- Direct supply
The project steering group is comprised of:
- Farmers and landowners with known capacity for renewable energy generation;
- Community Renewable Energy Generators;
- LEADER Groups – Cadwyn Clwyd, PLANED and LAGs active in LEADER renewable energy projects;
- District Network Operators – Scottish Power Energy Networks and Western Power Distribution:
- Ethically based energy supply companies;
- Those with expertise and experience in assisting community scale energy generation – e.g. the Green Valleys Trust , Community Energy Wales and Severn Wye Energy Agency.
For more information please contact:
Silas Jones on 01490 340500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org