1. Capacity Building
COMED host a variety of courses for organisations that are looking to develop their skills and knowledge, including bespoke in-house training to meet your needs.
We will guide and motivate you to use your skills, knowledge and experience to achieve your goals.
A community group/network or project would like to develop aspects of their work and require training, coaching or mentoring linked to their project or activity.
COMED can provide the following TRAINING services:
* Asset Based Community Development
* Citizen engagement, participation and co-production
* Setting up a community forum
* Delivery of Sustainable Development workshop & sustainable project planning.
* Developing your organisation or network – future planning.
* Making the most of your heritage
2. Festivals & Events Training
Run as a four-week programme with 2 hour sessions one evening per week over four consecutive weeks. The sessions cover:
· Event planning and risk assessment
· Funding your event – incl. budgeting and sponsorship
· Publicity and promotion
In addition, a masterclass on ‘Greening Your Event’ or ‘Marketing Through Social Media’ can be arranged.
Participants are encouraged to attend all sessions and receive a certificate and copy of PLANED’s Organising Community Events and Festivals handbook.
3. Community Heritage Programmes
If your community would like to enable anyone with an interest in local heritage to learn about, access and enjoy their heritage, we can help.
A COMED community heritage trainer will guide the local history group in how to research and interpret their local heritage. Each group will attend six community-based training sessions. At the end of the programme, the group will organise a public exhibition in their community to celebrate their achievements.
4. Toolkits & Training
COMED can provide a range of specialist TOOLKITS supported by a TRAINING service if your organisation would like to undertake their own visioning, action planning or events organisation. Examples include:
* Sustainable Toolkit for awareness and project planning
* Training in ‘how to run visioning / action planning’ workshops
* Training in ‘Plugging the Leaks’ Local economy workshop
* Disability Wales – Pass it on! Disability Awareness Raising
5. Residential Courses
PLEASE NOTE: Any of the services can be packaged as residential courses using local accommodation providers and ambassadors.
CLICK HERE to contact us